Posted by Gerald on June 2, 2007
My friend Virushead has tagged me with the Random 8 Blog Meme.
As I understand it, the way this works is that I am to post eight facts about myself and then I am to tag eight other people. Since I am only finishing up week two of life on the blogosphere, I do not actually know eight other folks to tag, but I’ll work on it.
Here are my eight facts:
- I do not know how to swim.
- Despite being in my mid-40s, I still get together with old friends from college to play role-playing games. The atmosphere at these games is less like geek central and more like when my parents used to play cards (“Canasta” I think?) with Dick Durham and his wife (whose name I’ve forgotten) when I was eight.
- I’ve consistently had more female than male friends during my life. I’m not sure why, unless it is related to my general aversion to organized sports and rampant misogyny.
- I am a really big guy, but I am terrified of spiders. Always have been.
- When I was a kid, I named one dog after another “Dasher.”
- I am never able to sleep well on Sunday nights – even if I do not have to go to work on Monday.
- The memory from my childhood that makes me feel safest and loved is remembering laying in the backseat of the car, looking up at the stars through the rear-view mirror, and listening to my father and mother singing “How Great Thou Art.” (They met in a Youth for Christ choir and could both sing beautifully. I inherited my grandfather’s total inability to carry a tune.)
- I like bears and whales. I don’t know why.
Here are the blogs I’ve tagged:
I’ll finish my eight as I get to know more folks.